D-Link Help by Experts
D-Link is a well-known networking corporation that provides digital, broadband, data, and voice communication solutions. The products of D-link vary from surveillance cameras, switches, wireless business, iSCSI SANs, digital home devices, and numerous products. Small to large-sized businesses are happy by taking the D-link router offered by the company. The reasons why people prefer D-Link are:
- D-Link is a path to connect with more customers and gain profit.
- Even in the cities, you can enjoy energy-efficient urban environments.
D-Link is introduced to meet the networking requirements of different companies as it uses modern age technologies. Although D-Link is very advantageous for many companies, users may face key issues while setting it up. For this reason, this guide has covered a range of troubleshooting topics related to D-Link.
How to Do the D-Link Router Setup >> DLink Setup Help
If you have decided to install the D-link router, you must understand the steps related to the DLink router setup. Let’s take a swift look at the steps to set up the D-Link with ease. The box comes up with things required for a DLink router setup.
- Power adapter
- Wi-Fi configuration
- Ethernet cable
- Quick installation guide
- Firstly, connect the router by putting a power adapter to a wall socket to start the D Link router setup process.
- Now, connect both WAN and Ethernet cable to the modem as well as router. Also, Dlink support is there for users who face some kind of problem.
- Within a moment, you can start it using a light indication. However, there might be situations when you will not be able to find any light indication.
- Make your computer or mobile device ready.
- Search for your network preferences and try to connect with the Wi-Fi. Lastly, enter the password.
How to Login to your D-Link Router >> DLink Setup Help
The web interface of the D-Link router can be considered the control panel for the router. This is the place where all the DLinkrouter settings can be changed. For making changes to the network, a DLink router login is required. You need the following things for a DLink router login:
- A web browser
- Network access
- D-Link router
After D Link router setup, use the following steps to connect to the router’s interface:
- Connect to a network for D Link router login
- Open the web browser and enter the IP address of the router
- Use 168.0.1if you cannot find one.
- On the login page, type in the current username and password. Hit ‘Enter’
- Default Username: admin
- Default DLink default password: “–”
- If this does not work, you can search online for the default username and DLink default password of your model.
- As you are now logged in to the admin interface, you can modify all DLinkrouter settings.
How to Reset the D-Link Administrator Password?
D-Link is generally used for connecting numerous computers used in businesses avoiding any kind of trouble related to cords and cables. Not only this, the wireless router is meant for connecting computers on a single network. By doing this, one can easily share different documents simultaneously with other computers without any hassle.
When you are thinking about resetting the administrator password, remember you need it whenever you have to change any settings. If you forget it, the whole system has to be reset. So, let’s discuss the simple steps by which one can easily reset the admin password.
- Pressing the reset button
Firstly, you have to press the reset button present on the back of the router. You can make use of a paper clip or any thin object that can easily reach the button.
- Holding the button for a few seconds
It is suggested to press the button for at least 10 seconds. During the time of the reset process, don’t touch on the power button. Instead, wait until the WLAN light stops blinking.
- Type in the address
It is generally related to the web browser. Whenever you open the browser, type “192.168.0.1” without using any quotes and click on the ‘ENTER’ button as a part of the D-Link setup process.
- Open Login ID box and type ‘Admin’
Ensure that you do not enter anything in the password box whenever you type ‘admin’ in the login box. After that, do close the window so that changes are applied correctly.
- It’s time to reset the Wi-Fi password
First, open an internet browser and enter the configuration number. Then, press the ‘Enter’ button to visit the D-Link router configuration page.
- Entering the Admin password
Type the password by clicking the ‘Admin’ option and then press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Go to ‘Wireless settings’
At the top, you will find the ‘SETUP’ button that you have to click. Next, click on wireless settings present on the left side for performing an easy D-Link wireless router setup.
- Visit ‘Manual Wireless Connection setup.’
Next is to visit the ‘Manual Wireless Connection setup’ and then scroll down further. By doing this, you will find the Pre-shared Key field.
- Typing the new password
Lastly, you have to type the new password. Then, close the window and save the new password.
The experts suggest that when you open a router configuration, always use files required for restoring the settings to resetting the admin password necessary for the D-Link router setup.
DLink Support Numbers – Official
You might be searching for the official D-Link contact options; your search completes here. We have given a chart in which some of the official D Link support numbers are given. You must note that OEMs, once in a while, change the official contact options. Therefore, we are not liable if you are unable to reach the experts through these official DLink routers support numbers.
|DLink Customer Support (USA)||1-714-885-6000|
|D Link Support Number||1 (877) 453-5465|
|DLink Customer Service Number (Office)||+1 800-326-1688|
How to Set Up D-Link DIR 655 Default Password?
D-Link is a must for many companies, and for D-Link DIR 655, the username used in admin is not that necessary. Numerous manufacturers offer routers that don’t require any kind of usernames at all. However, there are complete chances that sometimes it is difficult to log in to the router, and reasons could vary depending on the situation.
- Password is not working
This could be an apparent reason, and to avoid such conditions, it is suggested to try the correct password.
- You forget the password
Have you forgotten the password while logging in to the router? Call your service provider to know the username and password when you forget them or want to reset them.
Both of the problems, as mentioned earlier, are very common and need to be worked on if you want to perform a smooth D-Link wireless router setup process. But, sometimes, the users are unable to log in, and at that time, resetting the router is the only option. One can also benefit from the official D Link support by taking professional help.
It seems necessary to change both usernames and passwords frequently for security purposes. In case it has been time since you haven’t login to DIR-655, there is a possibility that someone else will change the default settings. Some easy steps have been mentioned through which you can easily reset your DIR-655.
- To press the reset button, look at the back of the router, where all the cables are plugged together. So, turn it back where you will find the ‘Reset’ button and do an easy Dlink setup.
- You can even make use of a paperclip and press the button to hold for 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button to reboot the router. The whole process will take around 30 seconds.
- Disconnect the power cable at any time DIR-655 gets powered on. Just wait for 30 seconds and power it again.
- The next thing to do is to use the default IP address, ‘192.168.0.1,’ to access the router’s login page easily. Afterward, enter the default username.
- Now, set your default router password so that no one can log in to your router. If you forget the password regularly, it is ideal for storing it in a password manager.
- Lastly, re-enter into wireless network settings to reset the process.
Resetting means you will lose all the information. To avoid such circumstances, it is better to take a quick backup of the router’s configuration by following the steps, including the TOOLS>SYSTEM menu, and then click on the SAVE CONFIGURATION button.
How to Get D-Link Firmware Updates?
The vulnerabilities are not only linked to routers but also with internet-connected devices. Hence, it makes sure that users can easily maintain security and address potential issues. Therefore, updating the router is quintessential, and here is how you can perform the steps to get DLink firmware updates.
- Do visit the D-link support website first.
- After this, you must navigate to the product’s specific page.
- The next thing is to download the updated firmware.
- After downloading the firmware, the next step is to open a web browser and type http://Dlinkrouter” or http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar for easy access to the router.
- Further, click on the Tools tab and upgrade the firmware tab.
- Choose and open the file.
- Lastly, click on the Upload to upgrade the Firmware option.
Following is an alternate process to get DLink firmware updates:
- Visit http://support.dlink.com
- Select ‘View All’
- Choose the router from the list
- Choose the right hardware version from the drop-down menu
- Find ‘Firmware’ and hit on ‘Download’
- Extract the downloaded file
- Visit http://dlinkrouter.local or http://192.168.0.1
- Type in the login credentials for D Link router login
- D-Link default username- admin
- D Link default password- password
- In the case of DIR-xxx routers:
- D-Link default username- admin
- D Link default password- no password
- In case of DSR-xxx routers:
- D-Link default username- admin
- D Link router password- admin
- After logging in, go to ‘Management’ and select ‘Upgrade’
- From Upgrade Manually, choose the option of ‘Select file’ and choose the downloaded (.bin) file
- Click ‘Open’ and upload the file
- Press ‘OK’
D-Link Support from Us
At present, D-Link is renowned as a perfect foundation for connecting different people more smartly and conveniently. In short, the users can enjoy online experiences sitting at their homes. By getting DLink support, you can give a new direction to your business. You can read this article to resolve all your D-Link concerns. You can also contact the phone number mentioned on this web page if you need additional help. Furthermore, it will connect your call to an independent third party D-Link support where representatives are always available to help D-Link users.